Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flat Colors

After you ink your picture from last time, the next step is to basically lay down all the base colors. Which are the colors that you will be working with when placing shadows and highlights. If you've used photoshop then Paint Tool SAI's layers are going to be easy to understand. Inks are done on a layer ON TOP of any colors you put down. You might want to either separate the layers via character like I did or by color. But I find that it gets a little confusing if you do it that way because you have to remember and skim through all the color layers in case you missed something. This is also a somewhat tedious thing to do but setting all the colors can help you with your overall color scheme.

For this piece, it basically took me 3 days to complete the base colors. I enjoy putting down the overall color scheme (even though it can sometimes be rather frustrating). Shading it going to be a whole different story. But I guess I'll attempt to do a little tutorial on one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment