Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chibis

I wanted to try a new style of chibis. Chibis in anime is basically a small deformed version of the original which usually follows the rule of having a small body with a rather large head. It's mostly aimed to be cute and cuddly type deal. Below was a style with lots of detail that I was trying. It involved more shading and more pattern detail on the clothings. Above was a new style I was trying. Before when I drew chibis there always seemed to be something off with the eyes that I was never satisfied with. However, an artist that I came upon completely blacked out the eyes. Granted it gives it a more demonic look but in some cases like the 2 on the right, it gave off a more doll like appeal.  I'm still not sure which style I'm going to stick with. There's always a different way of drawing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment