Sunday, May 1, 2011

Assignment 4.2

I went through several tutorials already so here's some of the history of the commands and whatnot I've done and went through.
I mostly followed the video from the previous blog posts and went through a lot of videos from this website http://www.bashscripts.info/

    1  pwd
    2  cd documents
    3  pwd
    4  history
    5  printf history
    6  history
    7  clear
    8  history
    9  pwd
   10  cd ..
   11  cd ..
   12  cd ..
   13  cd ~
   14  pwd
   15  ls -al
   16  cd videos
   17  ls -al
   18  cd /usr
   19  pwd
   20  ls -al
   21  cd ..
   22  cd videos
   23  cd ~
   24  cd videos
   25  pwd
   26  history
   27  history>history.txt

Here's also a few scripts I had already practiced on making. This script says hi to the user, sets random variables, write a string and then gives the computer command back.

#!/bin/bash
clear
echo "The Script Starts now."
echo "Hi, $USER!"
echo

echo "I'm setting two variables now."
COLOUR="black"
VALUE="9"
echo "This is a string: $COLOUR"
echo "And this is a number: $VALUE"
echo

echo "I'm giving you back your prompt now."
echo

Here's another practice one that counts down to party time.

#!/usr/bin/bash

for ((i=10; i>0; i--)); do
echo $i
sleep 1
done

echo Party Time!

I also found a useful script of getting a youtube video but I didn't write it out myself so I don't take credit.

#!/bin/bash
#Youtube Video Downloader
#coder ref: Anil Dewani

read -p "Youtube.com URL :" url
read -p "Name the video(no spaces please) :" name
wget ${url} -O source.txt >/dev/null 2>&1
videoid=$(echo $url | awk -F "v=" '{print $2}')
ticket=$(grep "&t=" source.txt | awk -F "&t=" '{print $2}' | cut -d"&"
-f1)
base="http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id="
downloadurl=${base}${videoid}"&t="${ticket}
rm -f source.txt
wget ${downloadurl} -O ${name}.flv >/dev/null 2>&1
echo "Video Download Succesfull. File saved as ${name}.flv"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment